Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Easy Apple Sauce

INGREDIENTS

4 apples - peeled, cored and chopped
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

DIRECTIONS
  1. In a saucepan, combine apples, water, sugar, and cinnamon. Cover, and cook over medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes, or until apples are soft.
  2. Allow to cool, then mash with a fork or potato masher.
I used Red Delicious Apples because I couldn't remember what the recipe called for, and doubled the recipe omitting the sugar all together. Because my apples were sweet, I only added 1/4th cup of brown sugar to the finished product and a dash or two of Allspice.

I also removed most of the liquid produced (about 1 cup) and then used my blender to make the applesauce smooth instead of a fork or potato masher.

No comments: