Friday, October 12, 2007

Cucumber Dill Toasties

This is one of my absolute favorite recipes and because it's so easy and versatile, I make it whenever possible. The day before my party I always make the cream cheese mixture and substitute sour cream for mayonnaise. Also, be creative with your base. I've used Bagel Chips as posted below, Ritz crackers, or you can even slice a baguette into 1/4" thick pieces and toast until crispy. Really, anything goes.

INGREDIENTS

1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 (.7 ounce) package dry Italian-style salad dressing mix
1/2 cup mayonnaise1 bag bagel chips
1 cucumber, sliced (I prefer to slice it very thin)
2 teaspoons dried dill weed

DIRECTIONS
  1. In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, dressing mix and mayonnaise.
  2. Spread a thin layer of the cream cheese mixture on a cracker, and top with a slice of cucumber. Sprinkle with dill. Repeat with remaining ingredients.

No comments: