Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Jen's Secret Recipe Corn Muffins



Tonight I wanted Macaroni and cornbread. I always cheat and make cornbread from a mix, but this time, I discovered something incredible. I had some leftover buttermilk, so I used that. Then I went to reach for the eggs and...realized I didn't have any. No problem right? I just added a little vegetable oil. Dave normally doesn't respond to food until they day after when he'll say something like "hey, can we have that yellow stuff again sometime?". Tonight though, the first words out of his mouth was "Write this recipe down!". So, now I have my very own "secret recipe", but I'll share it with you. I'd have posted a picture, but dave ate them all. I'm using a photo from myrecipes.com instead.

INGREDIENTS

1 package Martha White Corn Muffin Mix
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 tbsp vegetable oil

DIRECTIONS
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
  2. Measure milk in a 2 cup measuring cup and add 1 tbsp of vegetable oil. Stir in muffin mix until well incorporated.
  3. Poor into muffin tins until about 2/3 full and bake for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.

Yeilds 6 corn muffins.

No comments: