Thursday, December 13, 2007

Egg Noodles with Garlic Tomato Sauce

I have this thing where I love to just make up new recipes for pasta dishes. Anything goes, but I don't measure. I made a delicious dish last night, so I'll try my best to guess at the proportions.

INGREDIENTS

1 tablespoon minced garlic (or more, LOTS more if you like it)
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash (any variety you like)
1 can diced tomatoes, drained and sweated*
6 oz egg noodles, prepared by package directions

DIRECTIONS

  1. Saute garlic, olive oil and Mrs. Dash over medium low heat for one minute. Add tomatoes and cook covered for 8 minutes while noodles are cooking.
  2. Add cooked noodles to your sauce and cook for another minute or two until all noodles are covered with sauce.

*to sweat the tomatoes, drain them in a colander, and sprinkle with a generous amount of salt. This will remove some of the moister so the sauce isn't watery.

No comments: